We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for the Lauderdale Landsharks' 7th season. The Lauderdale Landsharks are Fort Lauderdale's only recreation program that is affiliated with the South Florida Youth Lacrosse League (SFYLL). Lacrosse is the fastest game on two feet and the fastest growing sport in the United States. We are excited to offer this great game to the youth of Fort Lauderdale and neighboring communities.
- Please note we have a significant discount of $75 for players registered before November 18th, 2019.
- Practice starts end of January 2020 and the season runs until late April/early May 2020.
- We have also updated and clarified refund policies for a better operational experience in the 2020 Season.
- Lastly, remember each player needs an active US Lacrosse Membership that expires on or after 5-31-2020. Our system automatically checks and may forward you to the US Lacrosse website to renew or create an account for new players.
- Please see the below information taken directly from our governing body at the SFYLL:
"***Program Participation and Release Rules (New & Changing Programs)***
There is no requirement for new players to participate in any specific program regardless of location. New players may choose any program/location that suits them. However, the league has determined that it is in the best interest of the league and their programs that players that start with a program (HOME PROGRAM) remain with that program for their youth experience. Players moving to other programs because of travel coaches, or other reasons will lead to recruiting in the recreation league which is specifically forbidden. Should the player's family move to a new town that warrants the change of program, the player is required to request and receive a release from the original (HOME) program. All SFYLL programs are required to confirm release from the HOME program prior to registering a player from another SFYLL program. Should a new program form in your home town that was not in existence previously, residents of the new town program will have the option to stay with their current program or move to the new program in their town of residence without the required release. Once players move they will NOT be allowed to return to their previous program without a release from their new home program."